Future Gators

Come join our SF State Family!

We are excited you are interested in applying to SF State. Under this link you can find more information about the steps to applyingsteps for enrolling and more information about AB 540/AB 2000 California nonresident tuition exemptionAs a member of the California State University system we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, genetic information, religion or veteran status in its programs and activities, including admission and access. 

SF State Admission Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Who can I contact for CA Dream Act or Financial Aid questions?

You can contact Jasmin Siguenza at jsiguenza@sfsu.edu or Carlo La Rosa at clarosa@sfsu.edu

Q: Who do I contact for information regarding the Dream Loan program?

You can contact Keina Banks at keinab@sfsu.edu

Q: Who can I contact for help with the AB 540/SB 68 Non Resident Tuition Exemption paperwork?

Undergraduate students can contact the office of Undergraduate Admissions at ugadmit@sfsu.edu or via phone at 415-338-6486. Graduate students can contact Graduate Admissions at gradstudies@sfsu.edu or via phone at 415-338-2234.

Q: Can I get the $100 enrollment confirmation deposit waived?

Yes! AB 540 and/or undocumented students qualify for a confirmation deposit waiver. Please send an email to ugadmit@sfsu to request for the deposit to be waived. 

Q: Can I go to SF State even if I am undocumented?

A: Yes! Admission cannot be denied because of your immigration status. SF State is an impacted campus, therefore eligibility for admission is based on minimum CSU eligibility standards for local area applicants and non-local applicants may be held to a higher standard. For more information about our admission process please visit the How to Apply- First Time Freshmen or How to Apply- Transfer websites.

Q: Can I still attend SF State if I don't have DACA?

Yes! DACA is not a requirement for admission to any California State University. For more information check out the CSU Resources for Undocumented Students website. 

Q: Can I obtain a CSU application fee waiver if I am undocumented?

A: If you meet the financial need you may be able to receive a waiver.  

Q: How do I know if I should apply for FAFSA or CA Dream Act?

A: Only AB 540 students & U-Visa holders should fill out the Dream Application. United States citizens and permanent residents should fill out the FAFSA.  For more information on the differences between these two opportunities check out Educators for Fair Consideration's How to Guarantee You Use the Correct Financial Aid Application in California.